Monday, 19 March 2012

New: Essence at Shoppers Drug Mart


Walking around at my local Shoppers Drug Mart something caught my eye.  This new display at the end of the makeup isle featuring Essence makeup.  Never heard of it? Me neither but the prices were just too hard to walk away from starting at just $1.49 going up to $4.99.


What I picked up:

All Eyes On Me Mascara 8ml $2.99
#52 In The Nude Lipstick 4g $2.99
Silky Touch Blush in #10 Adorable 5g $2.99
Colour & Go Quick Dry Nail Polish #98 Walk On Air 5ml $1.49


Let's start with the mascara.  The product itself wasn't thick or heavy.  It claims to add volume, length, curl, thickness and separation.  Well, it did separate but flattened my pre-curled lashes and didn't add as much length and volume as most other drugstore mascaras do.


Next is the lipstick.  I was really disapointed as this lipstick had the Allure sticker on it in the store.  I swatched a few colours on my hand finding that it was more comparable to a tinted lip balm.  Most of the other colours had sparkles in it which I did not like so I opted for the only colour which was solid; the nude.  When I tried it on my lips it was just....not as I thought it would be.  The colour was almost in evident as you can see on my hand in the image below.


The good news is that the review gets better.  The blush was actually quite pleasing.  It was very light and airy just enough to add to a healthy glow.  Great colour spring and summer.  The colour is not too strong, it is buildable. Apply as much or as little as you like.



Lastly, is my favourite of my haul; the nail polish.  I almost didn't want to pick it up because I've had my fair share of poor quality, low priced polish, but this one faired quite well.  The colour is bright and shinny while the formula was quick drying like it said.  Only two coats did the job and dried within minutes, in fact, I was off doing chores right after taking this picture and no scratches or smudges.  Top coat was not even needed. There was a lot of bright beautiful colours available I definetly recommend picking some up for summer.


All of these products were made in Europe which I was very suprised to hear.  After trying some of the testers in store and trying these ones at home I would say their products aren't very pigmented in colour however, for the prices they are definetly worth it if there is a colour or look you want to try out and don't want to invest in a more pricey brand.  Judging by how many products had sparkles in it (none of which I purchased) this may be more suitable for teens.  If you want to learn more about Essence please visit their site www.essence.eu.

-sl

No comments:

Post a Comment